Personal Assistant - [Archived Advertisement]
- Dynamic, newly created support role to a Program Director
- Use your organisational & interpersonal skills to facilitate key operations
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s National Science Agency!
Reporting to the Program Director – Indigenous Science & Engagement, the Personal Assistant (PA) will provide high-level, confidential, one-on-one support by typically offering administrative assistance such as monitoring emails, drafting communications on their behalf, planning and organising meetings and their travel. In this role you will be tasked with developing a sound understanding of the business unit, being organised, and having the ability to develop & maintain strong professional relationships with key stakeholders.
This role is only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. CSIRO believes that this role needs to be carried out by an Indigenous and/or Torres Strait Islander person and we couldn’t do this work without your critical input. This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of helping CSIRO improve research into strengthening Indigenous communities and we would not be able to achieve our goals without the critical perspectives of Indigenous and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Your duties will include:
- Providing efficient and effective diary management, including arranging meetings and appointments on behalf of the Program Director, and managing their domestic and overseas travel arrangements.
- Developing and maintaining strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicating effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within your team, the business unit and across CSIRO, to reach objectives.
- Generating improved solutions in work situations, trying creative ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$64k – AU$82k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Experience in providing secretarial or administrative support to a Senior manager in a fast paced and complex environment.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and in using enterprise wide business systems.
- Proven ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information, and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, proactively seeking and considering ideas of others whilst positively contributing to the team environment.
- The ability and willingness to generate improved solutions in work situations, trying creative ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
They will also be required to show proof of Aboriginality and be able to provide a cultural referee.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- AU$64k – AU$82k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time