Technical Leader - Science Applications - [Archived Advertisement]
Technical Leader - Science Applications
- Do you have an interest in computer science?
- Use your expertise to support our researchers.
- Join CSIRO’s IMT & support Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s IMT is seeking to appoint a Science Applications Technical Leader.
As a successful candidate you will define and help further develop CSIRO High Performance Computing capabilities. You will provide high performance computing applications expertise which will cover both our computer and data storage systems.
Your duties will include:
- Defining and advance the Scientific Computing Services HPC Applications capability, and ensure our strategic direction is aligned with organisational initiatives such as the Managed Data Ecosystem, Missions, Future Science Platforms, and IMT’s strategic plans.
- Building a community of practice, developing relationships with other technical leaders outside of CSIRO, shaping the upskilling of CSIRO staff through the Digital Academy and potentially contributing to relevant journals and conferences.
- Applying HPC and other accelerated computing techniques and tools in aid of CSIRO’s scientific research.
- Providing expert advice and consultancy within the field of high-performance and scientific computing applications.
Location: Canberra ACT, Clayton VIC or Eveleigh NSW preferred. Other locations may be considered.
Salary: AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Masters or PhD degree (or BSc plus equivalent post-graduate experience) in computer science, data science, mathematics, physics, or equivalent.
- Significant experience in the application of parallel and high-performance computing (for example, OpenMP and MPI) as well as accelerated computing (such as GPU or FPGA) programming for complex modelling, analysis for large scale systems.
- Experience as a technical leader in the support and development of large-scale high-performance applications, processing pipelines, and workflows.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Friday 12 March 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 12 Mar 2021
- AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time