Research Scientist - Food Biochemistry - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Scientist - Food Biochemistry
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Agriculture and Food!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Research Scientist – Food Biochemistry will work as part of the Food Chemistry Team providing research leadership in food biochemistry, e.g. proteomics, metabolomics, food and processing interactions and the analysis of other food components. The position will have responsibility in leading internally and externally funded strategic and applied research projects, as well as building relationships with industry and academic stakeholders. The role will also require practical knowledge of liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry of proteins and other small molecules, along with related data analysis to drive our food analysis and metabolomics areas forward.
Your duties will include:
- Incorporating novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and future research.
- Undertaking and focusing research projects on structure-function relationships of food proteins and other food components.
- Conducting and effectively leading projects across disciplines such as metabolomics, the physio-chemical analysis of foods and the analytical nexus between flavour/metabolite analysis and sensory consumer science.
- Delivering project outputs at the appropriate standard, on time and within budget, including the negotiation of resource requirements.
- Undertaking or leading novel science that delivers against major challenges for the food industry on a global scale, e.g. sustainability and food security.
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs and taking personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
Location: Werribee, VIC
Salary: AU$98K - AU$106K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite (Full-time)
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate in Biochemistry or related science area with evidence of relevant postdoctoral or industry R&D experience.
- Experience in leading strategic or industry focussed multidisciplinary projects/project teams and/or major components of large, complex projects.
- Knowledge and research conducted in food Chemistry/Biochemistry including a record of innovative thinking and approaches to delivering solution-based outcomes and successful scientific proposals/investigations.
- Expertise in liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (MS) and analysis of resulting data.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent research, to achieve organisational goals.
- Demonstrated mindset to facilitate respect, collaboration, support, inclusiveness and accountability in the workplace.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
23:59 AEDT 2nd March 2021
- Closing Date:
- 02 Mar 2021
- VIC - Werribee
- AU$98K - AU$106K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time