- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Manufacturing!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Industrial Biotechnology Research Projects Officer will be part of CSIRO Manufacturing’s Industrial Biotechnology Team. The team functions in a complex, highly competitive commercial environment and has a research program directed towards the use of organisms and enzymes to manufacture a wide variety of different biological products. Leveraging state of the art equipment and infrastructure, a diverse array of skills and working in collaboration with many internal and external stakeholders, the team develops products and processes with diverse applications for the pharmaceutical, food, agricultural and chemicals industries.
The role requires a high degree of mechanical aptitude and attention to detail, the ability to closely follow instructions, effective communication skills, and well-developed team and independent working skills.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out the cleaning, assembly, sterilisation, operation and routine maintenance of bioreactors and other complex laboratory equipment.
- Assisting scientists with the preparation of reagents, solutions, growth media etc. as required.
- Assisting with experiments and the day-to-day operation of laboratory equipment as required.
- Ensuring a safe working environment in which work is completed in compliance with gene technology regulations.
- Under close supervision undertaking a range of technical tasks requiring skills developed through experience.
- Providing assistance to staff with activities pertaining to the immediate work area, as required.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$47k - AU$61k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite (Full-time)
To be considered you will need:
- A high degree of mechanical aptitude and willingness to complete repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks specifically as instructed by following documented protocols and demonstrated techniques.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a flexible environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated with strong organisational skills.
- The willingness to learn new techniques and approaches.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 November 2020, 11:00pm AEDT