The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. They provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and HSE culture.
The Occupational Hygiene Specialist reports to the HSE Executive Business Partner and will be responsible for proactively partnering with, coaching and positively influencing CSIRO’s operational line management and aligning HSE goals to broader organisational goals. They will be responsible for providing technical and occupational hygiene support to corporate citizens, operational mangers, research staff, HSE team members and other stakeholders to improve CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture. This role is focused on driving and delivering consistent education and training, regulatory advice and risk management solutions to the organisation that will improve the management of occupational potential risks and exposures across the organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan through planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives with a focus on organisational consistency, across the CSIRO regions and sites.
- Leading and driving positive change and challenge the status quo to influence continual HSE improvement.
- Identifying all occupational hygiene hazards using a risk-based approach, develop a monitoring hygiene monitoring program to manage the potential risks. Including focus areas of monitoring such as noise, asbestos, chemicals, biological, vibration and thermal.
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in occupational hygiene and relevant work experience in a complex environment. (Master’s in Occupational Hygiene preferred)
- Membership or eligibility to become a Member with the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH).
- Proven ability in interpreting legislation, regulatory standards, and internationally accepted occupational hygiene approaches as well as other information, to proactively identify occupational hygiene problems and respond to issues.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Occupational Hygienist in industry.
- Sound understanding of Chem-Alert.
- Demonstrated experience in inspiring, encouraging, and motivating HSE teams through consultation and collaboration to achieve team goals.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills and the ability to & lead remotely – utilising collective leadership skills to create connection across all teams within the HSE function and with other stakeholder teams.
- A proven ability to coach and be the trusted advisor to leaders by influencing a positive culture where HSE is prioritised and considered ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- A proven track record in enabling positive organisational change, by adapting strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety
For full details about this role (including the full list of essential criteria) please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 21st October 2020, 11:00pm AEST
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date