- Play an instrumental role in facilitating data interoperability and curation.
- Consult widely among custodians of climate projections data across Australia.
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation.
As the Climate Data Scientist, you will work within the Climate Science Centre’s Regional Projections Team, with a strong focus on the Climate Change in Australia information and data portal. The role is key to developing the underpinning policies, standards and frameworks to ensure transparency, traceability, repeatability and quality assurance of datasets. You will also be instrumental in facilitating data interoperability and curation among private sector, CSIRO, BoM, State, Commonwealth and international data repositories.
Your duties will include:
- Consulting across the Oceans and Atmosphere Business Unit to facilitate incorporation of datasets and existing tools into the portal.
- Consulting widely among custodians of climate projections data across Australia with a view to developing a nationally federated data network.
- Analysing and processing climate datasets to meet identified needs of key stakeholders.
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant work experience in climate data analysis.
- Extensive experience using and managing large and complex datasets, preferably in the climate sciences.
- Demonstrated experience in scripting and programming languages such as Python, R, Fortran 90, C++, UNIX and Shell.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including the ability to document results and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in order to meet projects goals and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
For more information please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday, 20th October 2020 11:59 AEST