- Are your qualifications & research experience in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry?
- Do you have experience in high temperature/pressure experimental systems & industrial processes?
- Join CSIRO - Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
As a Research Scientist in the Low Emissions Technologies team, you will work on a range of applied research projects with a focus on gasification and thermochemical processing for the production of hydrogen and low emissions energy applications. You will be an important member of the wider team, and play a role in our external engagement and project development activities. As a Research Scientist, you will also be expected to develop your own research domain to augment and grow CSIRO’s capabilities in our priority areas.
Your duties will include:
- Developing, designing and delivering client-focussed research projects, or components of large-scale research initiatives.
- Working as part of the wider research group on key experimental or modelling aspects of research projects.
- Contributing to, and possibly leading, the production of client reports and scientific papers.
- Engaging externally to ensure that our research priorities are aligned with industrial needs.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant PhD degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Chemical Engineering, industrial Chemistry or similar areas.
- Practical experience in design, development and operation of high temperature and/or pressure experimental systems and industrial processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to the following:
- Identification and implementation of relevant and rigorous safety protocols associated with design, development, and operation of complex research facilities
- Effective risk management processes and procedures across all areas of workplace operations.
- A sound understanding of the fundamentals of combustion, gasification and pyrolysis of solid feedstocks and related industrial chemical processes.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a CV and a cover letter that best demonstrates your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role, as outlined in the position description.
10th October, 2020, 11:00pm AEST