- Have you successfully led & managed projects in the process industries or engineering fields?
- Apply your skills to contribute to Australia's research into solar thermal energy
- Join CSIRO Energy and make a difference
We are seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join the Solar Thermal Processes team. In this role, you will lead the conception, design, construction, commissioning and operation of process equipment for the utilisation of Solar Thermal Energy. These systems may involve high temperature fluids such as liquid metals, high pressure gases or hydrogen and fuel production processes.
Your duties will include:
- Acting as a trusted advisor, utilising knowledge of client’s business and understanding of their underlying needs.
- Anticipating industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaison/networking, and identifying and adapting quickly to changes.
- Communicating research results to clients and the scientific community through oral and written reports, which may include the preparation of documents for patent applications.
- Providing advice to policy makers and informing and transferring knowledge to non-scientific audiences.
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant degree and relevant work experience in chemical engineering, metallurgy, mineral processing, chemistry or similar.
- Excellent project management skills, with experience in leading team-based projects involving multiple stakeholders and complex timelines.
- The ability to lead process engineering aspects of engagements - studies, through to detailed design, commissioning and operation (preferably with liquid metal experience).
- Several years’ experience of project management in the process industries, engineering or relevant technology fields.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10th October 2020, 11:00pm AEST