- Support Concentrated Solar Technology (CST) in Australia and internationally
- Use your commercial acumen to identify & pursue contracts with industry partners
- Be a part of a global research initiative to create solar technology
The Australian Solar Thermal Research Institute (ASTRI) aims to be seen as a ‘one-stop shop’ for technical advice for Concentrated Solar Technology (CST) in Australia, informing policy development and options, and functioning as an interface between research and commercial outcomes. ASTRI can respond to market needs and provide technical support to CST development, demonstration and deployment. ASTRI also has a leading role in developing the technical capability needed to support the CST industry in Australia and internationally.
We are seeking a Commercial Strategy Manager who will develop and execute the ASTRI Commercial plan which will set out the commercial direction and objectives of ASTRI, including the manner in which ASTRI engages with industry and the international CST community for the purpose of demonstrating the viability of the technology in the context of the Australian energy market.
Your duties will include:
- Lead the development of the commercial strategy, in conjunction with the ASTRI leadership team, including ensuring that ASTRI projects include practical path-to-market strategies and plans.
- Develop and execute the overall commercial strategy and program for ASTRI with support from the ASTRI Director.
- Build strategic relationships with the local Australian and international industry, government, research and market stakeholders.
- Provide support to the ASTRI Director in managing the commercial program of ASTRI with the Funding Agreement.
Location: Negotiable - Newcastle or Sydney, NSW; Melbourne, VIC; Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$136k - AU$150k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD degree or equivalent and/or equivalent relevant experience in business development and/or commercial leadership or equivalent experience in business development and/or commercial leadership roles.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with a strong track record of managing relationships and aligning multiple stakeholders within a consistent strategic framework.
- Highly developed engagement and networking skills with proven ability to:
- Communicate effectively in both technical and commercial contexts.
- Identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for complex proposals/ideas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by high-level reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities.
- A well-established network within the renewable energy industry domestically and internationally.
- Commercial acumen, including sound commercial and financial management skills, demonstrated ability to make rational and commercially based decisions, and organisational strategic thinking.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
6th October, 2020, 11:00pm AEST