- Establish/enhance best practice risk management practices and frameworks
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the Organisational Risk Profile
- Flexible leadership role with CSIRO, Australia’s leading science agency
The CSIRO Risk Unit is an integral part of the Governance Group that exists to support sound and transparent decision making, strengthen organisational resilience and protect CSIRO’s licence to operate. The Risk Unit achieves this through:
- Leading the establishment and on enhancement of best practice risk management frameworks and processes and the integration of these into key business processes.
- Facilitating a greater understanding and clearer articulation of risk appetite and tolerance.
- Developing and executing the processes that develop and maintain the CSIRO Organisational Risk Profile and risk registers across the organisation.
- Supporting the ability of the organisation to identify and respond to critical incidents and situations.
Your duties will include:
- Applying a practical knowledge and understanding of the AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 and its application across the organisation.
- Applying a practical knowledge and understanding of Business Continuity Management across the organisation.
- Evaluating, interpreting and synthesising complex information and drawing logical conclusions and linkages that reflect a strong understanding of the external, strategic and operational context in which CSIRO operates.
- Assisting the integration of risk, and the assessment of risk, into the organisation’s operations (eg. commercial transactions, research projects).
- Contributing to the development and assessment of the Organisational Risk Profile including ongoing monitoring and review.
- Developing, assessing and documenting processes, controls and procedures in support of risk (e.g. risk identification, causes, impacts and controls).
- Facilitating risk discussions and risk workshops with stakeholders across the organisation and contributing to the enhancement, preparation and co-ordination of risk reporting to senior management and the Board.
Location: Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra preferred
Salary: AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent management/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated capability in risk assessment; in enterprise wide risk management and risk facilitation; and in Business Continuity Management and related fields.
- Proven working knowledge of best practice risk management approaches, policies, standards AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009, methodologies and relevant legislative frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, interpret, synthesise and communicate complex information and draw logical conclusions and linkages.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills, including for a range of stakeholders and for senior executive forums. Ability to distil and articulate complex materials in a concise and straight forward manner.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10 August 2020, 11:00 pm AEST/AEDT