- Are you a highly organised person?
- Do you have an interest in Australia's native tree and shrub flora?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s National Collections & Marine Infrastructure (NCMI) is seeking to appoint an Australian Tree Seed Centre Technical Officer.
As the successful candidate you will support the management of the Australian Tree Seed Centre's seed collection and seed dispatch business. You will be responsible for packing and despatch of all domestic and overseas orders, management of the export facility, and preparation and administration of seed exports documentation.
As the successful candidate you will be a highly organised person who is willing to undertake and maintain training and who enjoys engaging with multiple stakeholders both within and outside the organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Managing of ATSC seed store and export facility.
- Assessing import permits and using a specialised Export Documentation System for preparation of phytosanitary certificates and other document required for seed exports.
- Packing and Inspection of seed orders prior to despatch/export.
- Managing of order payments and despatch/export documents for all ATSC seed orders.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$63k – AU$80k pro rata, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years part time
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters degree in science, agriculture, horticulture or forestry or equivalent experience.
- To hold a current Australian driver's licence.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain and track documents, engage with multiple stakeholders, and apply the personal attributes of persistence and patience to achieve project outcomes.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 21 July 2020, 11:00 pm AEST