- Provide specialised nutrition science project support
- Utilise your dietetics/nutrition science background in a role that has a wider impact
- Join the Nutrition and Health Program within CSIRO Health & Biosecurity
As the Research Projects Officer (Nutrition), you will provide specialised nutrition science project support for the Nutrition and Health Program. You will have well developed dietetic and nutrition science knowledge and understanding, and the ability to communicate with stakeholders of the Nutrition and Health Program. As a member of a dedicated delivery team, you will need to demonstrate your knowledge of dietary intake, nutrition science and food, as well as have a high level of technical ability, initiative and communication.
You will join Health and Biosecurity’s Public Health Nutrition Group and will have the opportunity to build and maintain professional networks, assist in securing project funds, and pursue new ideas and approaches to create new concepts.
Your duties will include:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of diet, food and lifestyle-based programs that aim to improve nutritional status, dietary patterns and health.
- Implement dietary protocols, as defined in study intervention strategies, by providing dietary counselling and monitoring of study participants.
- Measure and analyse dietary intake data from study participants or other sources.
- Conduct analyses of dietary intake data, and write clear, concise and accurate result summaries.
- Contribute to scientific literature reviews.
- Assist with preparation, analysis and interpretation of data and databases.
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
- University degree in nutrition science or dietetics
- Demonstrated knowledge of research design including experimental and observational research.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with dietary intake assessment and dietary compositional analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in scientific literature review.
- Demonstrated nutrition and food supply knowledge, and application to nutrition-related research or delivery projects and/or community-based programs.
- Familiarity and skills with word-processing and spreadsheet software
- Statistical analysis knowledge, understanding and technical skills.
- 2-5 years of experience in a relevant clinical, health promotion, research or industry environment.
- Demonstrated research skills across the research process from the formulation of scientific questions through to data collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful candidate will be asked to consent to National police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Thursday 02 July 2020, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT