- Showcase your strong market analysis and technology research skills
- Inform senior business and government decision making across Australia
- Work across a broad range of science and technology domains
‘CSIRO Futures’ is CSIRO’s strategic advisory arm and a trusted advisor to external private and public sector entities. We sit at the interface between science and industry, identifying key trends, emerging technologies and issues affecting business. We draw on CSIRO’s deep R&D capability to help clients translate science into strategy and plan for an uncertain future. Our expertise extends across sectors that include Energy, Health, Oil & Gas, Food & Agribusiness, and Manufacturing, where we help senior decision makers develop evidence-based strategies to address major opportunities and challenges across the supply chain.
As the Strategy Consultant, you will play a key role in delivering market research, analysis and consultation assistance. Typical projects will focus on understanding the opportunities and challenges presented by major economic, environmental, social, and technological trends in a particular industry sector, and how science, technology and innovation can assist in unlocking these opportunities.
Your duties will include:
- Gather, understand, analyse and synthesise large amounts of information from disparate sources into logical, robust quantitative and qualitative insights and conclusions.
- Extract information from client and industry workshops and interviews.
- Provide detailed and accurate Information/reports based on solid quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Generate improved solutions to complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
Location: Clayton, Vic or Parkville, Victoria
Salary: AU$63k – AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A tertiary qualification in science, engineering, business, finance, economics or a related field that includes a significant analytical/technical component.
- Strong market research skills with the ability to gather, evaluate, analyse and synthesise a broad range of technical information, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience in developing robust insights and clearly communicating them through written deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in science and technology.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For more information please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 31st May 2020 at 11:59 AEST