- Are you ready for your next challenge?
- Use your expertise for the development of high performance software systems
- Work alongside world-class researchers!
The Software Research Engineer will be working as part of collaboration of multiple institutions and astronomy research groups in developing the software solutions to process and analyse large astronomy datasets as required by the science cases of the SKA, ASKAP and MWA. You will contribute to the development of the technical architecture of the Australian SKA Regional Centre working as part of the Australian SKA Regional Centre Design Study Program team deployed via CSIRO, UWA, Curtin Uni and Pawsey Supercomputing Centre. The position is based in Perth (CSIRO, Kensington) with some time required to be spent in UWA (Crawley).
Your duties will include:
- Liaise with the science stakeholders to develop software and system requirements.
- Develop software solutions as required by the science use-case.
- Contribute to the developments of requirements and system architecture of Australian SKA Regional Centre.
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Physics.
- Demonstrated experience in C/C++, Python, databases.
- Demonstrated experience in development of high performance parallel and distributed software systems.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, high level communication skills and ability to interact as a team player.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 3rd June 2020, 11:00pm AEST