- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Australian Animal Health Laboratory!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Quality Assurance Officer will work with the Quality Team at CSIROs Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) and provide specialist advice, coordination and support for the quality systems at AAHL. The Quality Assurance Officer will also be responsible for continually improving AAHL’s QA culture, processes and environmental impact. AAHL has an established QA framework and this position will work directly in supporting our accreditation in ISO9001, ISO17025, ISO14001, ISO17043 and ISO17034 (non-certified). The team also undertake studies towards OECD Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) compliance.
This is a hands-on quality role and the Quality Assurance Officer will guide and collaborate with staff across a range of areas in the implementation and adoption of various ISO standards.
Your duties will include:
- Driving and supporting the implementation of harmonised Quality Assurance (QA) at AAHL through technical leadership and delivery of priority quality activities and processes and providing expert advice to scientific and animal teams on QA principles, processes and documentation.
- Building and maintaining strong, positive partnering relationships with customers, Business Unit partners and staff and QA corporate citizen champions through developing a thorough understanding of their respective QA needs and tailoring solutions.
- Performing a gap analysis to evaluate shortfalls in working towards QA compliance and developing operational plans on priority areas.
- Ensuring work teams maintain copies of all protocols pertaining to non-clinical laboratory studies at intervals to assure integrity and maintain written and properly signed records of each inspection.
- Driving the ISO/NATA accreditation and systems at AAHL in providing quality assured programs to the AAHL Diagnostic Program and working with the Operations Manager and other QA staff in developing a quality program for AAHL’s animal programs and broader site activities.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant Degree &/or equivalent experience in biological sciences, quality management or equivalent experience working in a similar QA role.
- Relevant education and training to demonstrate an advanced understanding and application of QA processes such as ISO9001, ISO17025, ISO14001, ISO17043 and ISO17034, and their application.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to coordinate quality systems and optimize existing systems utilising team resources to provide a seamless and consistent approach.
- Previous experience working as a specialist advisor and contributor to teams and to network with scientific and industry colleagues to be able to lead and foster a culture of knowledge transfer, open communication, coaching and collaboration across the quality team, staff and customers.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10 March 2020, 11:00pm AEDT