- Are you passionate and experienced in developing CSIRO’s engagement with the Australian unconventional resources industry?
- Develop the Onshore Gas program’s coal system and shale gas geoscience capability
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
This position would play a key role in developing CSIRO’s engagement with the Australian unconventional resources industry. The candidate will need to have strong industry links, insights and directly relevant scientific expertise. The candidate will build collaborative relationships with other CSIRO researchers to develop new avenues of work for CSIRO in the geoscience of gas exploration and production from coals and shales.
Your duties will include
- Develop the Onshore Gas program’s coal seam and shale gas geoscience capability to address industry problems.
- Develop externally funded projects with the Australian unconventional resources industry.
- Grow the Onshore Gas program’s engagement with industry through regular interactions with key industry specialists.
- Grow the Onshore Gas program’s scientific impact in the unconventional resources area through publication and presentations at industry meetings.
- Act as a trusted advisor, utilising knowledge of client’s business and understanding of their underlying needs.
- Anticipate industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaison/networking and identify and adapt quickly to changes.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$136,437 to AU$150,956 plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 36 months
To be successful you will need
- A PhD or equivalent in an area relevant to unconventional petroleum geosciences
- A successful track record of scientific work on coal and shale gas reservoir geoscience
- Evidence of scientific impact through journal publications
- Evidence of successful engagement with industry to win and lead projects
- Participation in industry meetings and other forms of industry engagement
- Membership of a professional geoscience organisation
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- The successful candidate will be asked to consent to National police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Tuesday 10th March 2020
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date