- Do you have an interest in astrophysics research?
- Carry out innovative and impactful research
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) is looking to appoint a Bolton Research Scientist.
The Bolton scientist is Australia's longest standing prize fellowship and provides an outstanding opportunity for research in Australia. The Bolton is designed to help scientists build upon emerging strong careers as independent researchers.
As the successful candidate, you will undertake independent research and development which will enhance and support the Australian Telescope National Facility (ATNF) observational capabilities.
Your duties will include
- In collaboration with senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful astrophysics research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Present results at major international conferences
- Enhance and support the Australia Telescope National Facility
- Under limited direction, assist in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carry out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
Location: Marsfield NSW or Kensington WA
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 4 years. Start date will be July 2020 onwards.
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate in Astronomy, Astrophysics or related discipline
- Demonstrated research experience and expertise in Radio Astronomy
- Demonstrated research objectives aligned with CASS capability
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
The successful applicant may be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are actively working to increase our workplace diversity and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online you can upload two documents only. Please provide a CV or resume as one document. A cover letter and research plan (saved as one document), indicating your future research directions and suitability to the selection criteria will be your second document
Monday 10 February 2020 at 11.59pm AEDT