- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Australian Animal Health Laboratory!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The role of the Technical Services Officer - IMT, Client Services Delivery is to work with the Client Services Delivery (CSD) team to aid in the delivery of effective and timely IT support within CSIRO. IMT’s CSD group is responsible for providing effective and timely IT support to all of CSIRO and has staff at most CSIRO sites across Australia. Services are delivered through a mixture of physical and remote channels, depending on the location of the site and the type of support required.
The Technical Services Officer will actively contribute to IMT’s service direction, participating in applying adaptive and innovative solutions to complex and/or ambiguous issues across one or more service and/or technical streams. Your demonstrated client focus will gain the support of key stakeholders and contribute to integrating IMT technical solutions with business requirements to achieve CSIRO’s strategic and organisational objectives.
You must abide by and promote AAHL’s microbiological security regulations and conduct work consistent with CSIRO’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Occupational Health, Safety & Environment principles.
Your duties will include
- Providing resolutions in a timely manner to problems or requests that require ‘On Site’ attendance. Examples include: Deployment of PC desktops, laptops, LCD monitors, printers and other IT related equipment; Network Port patching; and Software fault assistance
- Delivering first contact remote IT support to provide responses and resolutions in a timely manner to incidents or requests
- Conducting analysis of service contacts, classifying contacts into service areas and assigning them to the relevant support groups via the service management toolset
- Developing and maintaining relationships contributing to virtual teams across the CSIRO IMT model to ensure the delivery of best practice service
- Contributing positively to stimulating and promoting a team approach, and developing sound working relationships with clients on a day to day basis as a representative of CSIRO IMT
- Identifying tasks/issues that cannot be resolved and referring them to senior CSD staff and/or Technical Specialist Teams
- Developing, maintaining and expanding individual skills which are of benefit to the services delivered by CSIRO IMT and that contribute to the skill set of the Client Services Delivery Team.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Previous experience in a customer service environment supporting a broad range of IT services, including:
- Network services, both local and wide area;
- Videoconferencing/IP telephony services;
- Microsoft Windows-based workstation environments in an Active Directory framework;
- PC hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- A strong service delivery background, with the ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with clients regardless of their levels of IT skill and experience.
- Experience collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve operational objectives including assisting with project work focusing on new installations, upgrades, configuration and troubleshooting
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to multi-task.
- To obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:59 AEDT 5th January 2020