- Provide vision, direction and leadership for CSIRO Manufacturing
- Lead research teams helping Australian manufacturers to be more competitive
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier scientific research organisation.
The CSIRO Manufacturing team consists of approximately 400 staff located across Australia with the majority of our researchers based in Clayton, Victoria.
Structurally, Manufacturing is set up to manage its science capabilities and science projects through four research programs:
- Biomedical Manufacturing
- Advanced Fibres and Chemical Industries
- Industrial Innovation
- Metal Industries
The successful candidate will be responsible for organisation-wide leadership of CSIRO Manufacturing research and development. This will involve direct leadership of a core business unit and the fostering of linkages to other relevant parts of the organisation. The role demands global market knowledge and domain expertise to sharpen CSIRO Manufacturing’s business. You will be expected to build on CSIRO’s track record in driving commercial outcomes and delivering national impact in this area.
Your primary duties will include
- Impact science leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and partnerships
- Resource leadership
Location: Melbourne, VIC preferred
Salary: An attractive senior salary package will be offered to the successful candidate
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years with an oppotunity to renew if mutually agreeable
To be successful you will need
- Established credibility and respect in a domain relevant to CSIRO Manufacturing e.g.
- Advanced manufacturing
- Industry 4.0
- Sustainable manufacturing and key technologies such as sensors and data analytics, advanced materials, smart robotics and automation, additive manufacturing (3D printing), augmented and virtual reality with evidence of effective leadership of world-class research capability commensurate with the scale of the business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, emerging global trends in the relevant research markets.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills and strategic relationship management that expands growth opportunities, drives commercial outcomes, and delivers national impact.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent and to promote wellbeing and foster creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrated track record in leading a complex, multi-site business including managing financial and physical resources and creating a safe and healthy workplace.
- Established track record of building, driving and embedding cultural change and effective change management.
- Strong leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to unite capability and to promote cross-organisation collaboration to transform CSIRO’s delivery to national and international challenges in the manufacturing domain.
To discuss this pivotal role in more detail, click on the link to the brochure below and make contact now.
The successful candidate will be asked to obtain and provide evidence of a National Police Check or equivalent. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
- To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
- Candidates do not need to address selection criteria.
- Please note: Only applications sent to Ms Terri Ward at email@example.com will be considered.
Wednesday 18th December, 2019