- Work with world-class scientists and engineers to develop safe and novel foods.
- Be involved in activities for CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre.
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The role of the Food Technologist in CSIRO will be to collaborate with other Scientists, Engineers and Food Processing staff in innovative research leading to commercial and scientific achievements, which are aligned with CSIRO's strategies. In this role, you will be primarily engaged in activities for CSIRO’s Food Innovation Centre which involves close-to-market research for local and international food manufacturing industry clients. As the food technologist, you will have the opportunity to build research and industry networks and play a lead role in securing project funds and project delivery of the centre.
Your duties will include
- Provide expertise in plant proteins (ingredient science, chemical and physical characterisation).
- Lead projects and project activities.
- Work with world-class scientists and engineers to develop safe and novel foods, ingredients and beverages for the Australian food industry and global consumers.
- Engage in activities related to our clients, pilot-scale food processing, quality assurance and product development.
Location: Werribee, Victoria
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential selection criteria can be appointed.
- Education/Qualifications: A relevant bachelor’s degree/Masters in the relevant discipline areas of either Food Technology, Food Science or Food Engineering with postgraduate training in food research and development.
- Proven ability to develop new food product and processing applications from a variety of food materials (including plant proteins) at pilot or commercial scale.
- Demonstrated project management skills in the development and execution of multi-disciplinary experimental plans from laboratory scale to pilot scale.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of food processing, food product development and related quality assessment.
- The ability to prepare project proposals and seek investment and co-investment from various stakeholders (e.g. companies, industry and granting bodies)
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
The successful applicant may be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
AEST 11:59pm October 24th October 2019