- Do you see yourself as a motivational training facilitator?
- Are you an experienced scientific writer who can engage with diverse groups?
- Join CSIRO to help give Australia’s scientists the writing skills they need to succeed!
CSIRO Publishing currently has an opportunity for a knowledgeable, engaging and motivational Scientific Writing Training Facilitator to expand and further develop the program of scientific writing workshops.
To be successful in this role, you will possess a deep understanding of both the needs of research scientists and engineers and the writing and language skills they must use to succeed in their careers. The position is responsible for delivering training in scientific writing, analysing and responding to evaluation data, contributing to the development of new courses, and helping coordinate promotion with our marketing department.
If you are experienced in developing and delivering professional adult education, then this is the opportunity for you!
Appointment to this role may be subject to conditions including provision of a national police check as well as other security/medical/character clearance requirements.
Your duties will include
• Preparing, facilitating and program-managing scientific writing workshops.
• Delivering training in a supportive and inclusive adult learning environment.
• Writing detailed facilitator guides and learning resources for existing and new courses.
• Designing and running post-course evaluation processes, analysing results and recommending improvements.
• Collaborating with key partners and/or stakeholders to provide professional and strategic advice on the development of the scientific writing programs
Location: Clayton (VIC)
Salary: AU$98K - AU$114K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of two years - Part-time (3 days/week)
To be successful you will need
• Relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent relevant work experience in science, engineering, medical, or social science research
• Scientific journal publication record demonstrating excellent writing skills and evidence of successful funding applications
• Proven facilitation skills coupled with the ability to listen and communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form to meet learning principles for adult learners
• Experience in developing and delivering professional adult education
• In-depth understanding of English language and grammar
• Language skills other than English would be advantageous
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and are empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 13 October 2019 at 11 pm AEDT