- Be part of a highly skilled team of professional specialists and developers.
- Support the supercomputing needs of priority research areas.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre situated in Perth, Western Australia is a national world-class supercomputing and high volume data storage facility operating petascale compute and associated storage infrastructure. The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre represents a AU$150 million investment by the Australian Federal Government, and is an unincorporated joint venture of the CSIRO, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and the University of Western Australia, supported by funding from the Western Australian and Federal government. As lead agent for the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, the CSIRO employs Pawsey Supercomputing Centre staff.
Pawsey’s Supercomputing Team is responsible for providing the infrastructure to fulfil the needs of the Australian research community and to engage with that community to make best use of the infrastructure. You will be part of this highly skilled team of professional specialists and developers, and will work collaboratively with researchers to assist them in exploiting the vast opportunities afforded by the infrastructure operated in the Pawsey centre. You will support the supercomputing needs of priority research areas such as radio astronomy and energy & resources.
Your duties will include
- Provide specialist advice and software enhancement to research groups, drawing on extensive expert knowledge and experience to enable their utilisation at scale of significant supercomputing resources at Pawsey.
- Engage with new researchers, communities and disciplines with supercomputing and data-intensive computing (in conjunction with the Pawsey Data and Visualisation teams).
- Assist research groups to integrate highly parallel codes into their workflows.
- Undertake technical assessment of applications for computational resources through merit allocation schemes.
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: AU$98K – AU$106K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential selection criteria can be appointed.
- A postgraduate qualification or significant progress towards postgraduate qualifications in a scientific or computer-science discipline; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Proven working knowledge of parallel programming models, such as OpenMP, MPI or CUDA.
- Demonstrated expertise in the support and development of supercomputing applications.
- Demonstrated high-level problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication skill including the ability to articulate technical concepts to a diverse range of clients.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
The successful applicant may be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday, 18th September, 2019