- Interested in improving scientific safety and wellbeing culture?
- Do you have strong knowledge of HSE legislation?
- Join the Health Safety Environment team at CSIRO!
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make safety personal. They provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture. The HSE Advisor works within the AAHL facility as part of the overarching Quality, Assurance and Compliance Unit to partner with the business in the provision of HSE information.
As the HSE Advisor, you will report to the Quality Assurance and Compliance Unit and will deliver HSE services on the ground, and regionally, by providing technical and practical HSE support to Corporate Citizens, Operational Managers, Research staff and other stakeholders. You will focus on delivering consistent education and training, regulatory advice and solutions to the organisation that will improve regional safety and wellbeing culture.
Your duties will include
- Supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy through planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across the CSIRO sites supported.
- Contributing to HSE projects, provide input and positively challenging the status quo in an effort to influence continual HSE improvement.
- Developing and maintain strong relationships with site work groups through proactively anticipating their needs, understanding of their unique HSE needs and making recommendations to guide management decisions.
- With limited guidance, developing and reviewing policies, procedures and systems and offer solutions to challenging HSE issues in partnership with relevant work groups.
Location: Geelong, Victoria
Salary: AU$83k- AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A relevant tertiary qualifications and / or substantial relevant HSE work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice and standards
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft office suite of programs.
- Proven ability to understand stakeholder priorities as well as leveraging and contributing to HSE teams in the design / delivery / implementation of communication strategies (written and verbal – eg training) to deliver consistent messaging across the organisation.
- Proven ability in leading and participating in ongoing knowledge transfer across the HSE team and stakeholders.
- Proven ability in interpreting legislation and regulatory standards, management of HSE systems, projects and stakeholders , to proactively identify problems and appropriately respond to issues.
- Strong project management and a demonstrated ability to partner with the business as a trusted advisor.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday, 14th July, 2019 at 11.59pm AEST