- Are you experienced in the statistical analysis of genetic traits in complex genomes?
- Develop web based visualisation of complex genomic datasets
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
Your duties will include
This role will focus specifically on development of web based visualisation of complex genomic datasets, and developing methods to more completely exploit multi-genome, multi-omic data. This will include data integration that relies on graph-theoretical structures and application of graph-based software solutions in biological contexts.
The role will interact with internal and external stakeholders to deploy or develop appropriate analytical and visualisation approaches depending on requirements. This will include orchestration and management of a heterogeneous code-base and rely on in-depth knowledge of several programming and scripting languages and frameworks.
Your duties will include
- Under limited direction, assist in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carry out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Software development including front and back end web technologies (ember, d3, mongoDB)
- Development of innovate and reproducible computational solutions for complex polyploid genomes
- Development of comparative genome analysis workflows using modern workflow management technology such as NextFlow
- Liaise with research partners to determine their needs and develop appropriate analytical solutions
- Present results in a meaningful format, prepare reports for clients and/or write scientific papers for publication.
Location: Canberra, ACT or Adelaide, SA
Salary: $98,000 to $106,000 plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as genetics, bioinformatics or information science.
- Experience with the design and deployment of fully containerised analytical workflows using technology such as NextFlow.
- Experience in at least one of R, Python or Perl as well as experience in utilising enterprise scale high-performance computing environments.
- Experience in front and back end web development and database, including ember.js, d3.js, node.js and mongoDB.
- Extensive experience in method development and bioinformatics analysis of non-model species including a solid understanding of challenges in the application of sequence assembly, alignment, and alignment-free analytical approaches for large, repetitive polyploid genomes and transcriptomes
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.