- Undertake science with real world impact
- Work with internationally recognized scientists in world class facilities
- Join our team at CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Health and Biosecurity is seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Research Scientist with a record of independent mission-directed research and innovation. As a successful candidate, you will be expected to play a key role in the initiation and progress of scientific research, senior leadership and strategy development in the area of nutrition and health science and in working with Industry/Government to translate research findings to achieve impact.
If you have previous experience in conducting trials in humans e.g. biomarker assessments and/or dietary intervention studies demonstrated by an extensive record of quality publications, then this is the opportunity for you!
Your duties will include
- Providing senior leadership and strategy to drive growth in our nutrition and health science
- Identifying and engaging opportunities for developing new approaches for clinical research that can both advance the science of personalised health and nutrition but also attract new business opportunities.
- Providing mentoring and direction to junior and middle career scientists and students in nutrition and health.
- Assisting in developing collaborations and business opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Initiating, leading and effectively managing complex strategic and/or applied substantiation projects relevant to the food and health industries.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: AU$136,437- AU$150,956 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term till December 2020
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
1. A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as nutrition, genomics, epigenetics, gut physiology or human gut microbiology as it relates to nutrition and health
2. Extensive experience in conducting trials in humans e.g. biomarker assessments and/or dietary intervention studies demonstrated by an extensive record of quality publications as primary author in high impact, peer reviewed journals.
3. Demonstrated record of independent research and innovation.
4. Demonstrated experience attracting external funding from Government (grants or other) and/or industry where you have been the chief investigator.
5. Proven ability to lead and effectively manage complex strategic and/or applied substantiation projects relevant to the food and health industries.
6. The ability to work effectively as an integral member and leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and foster an environment in which there is a high level of co-operation within and between teams.
7. An outstanding record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations of significant consequence.
1. Familiarity with international food and dietary supplement regulations with respect to health claims/indications.
2. Familiarity with Australian and/or international food and health industries.
3. Established connections and/or experience in working/engaging with collaborators in the Asia-Pacific region
4. Supervision of research staff and students
Appointment to this role may be subject to conditions including security/national police/medical/character clearance requirements. Applicants who are not Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents may be required to undergo additional security clearances, which may include medical examinations and an international standardised test of English language proficiency (i.e. IELTS test).- https://ielts.com.au/
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 23 June 2019 at 11.59pm AEST