- Family friendly environment with access to flexible working arrangements.
- Drive effective development to a variety of national and international projects
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading science organisation
CSIRO’s Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) is seeking to appoint a Chief operating officer.
In this newly established position, you will be responsible for day to day operations of CASS. You will provide leadership and direction to the Business Unit (BU) while ensuring CASS remains strategically focussed, operationally efficient and financially viable. You will work with support functions including human resources (HR), communications, finance and Health, Safety and Environment.
Your duties will include
- Manage CASS’s operations and monitor performance
- Plan and deliver capability and resources for CASS, ensuring these are matched with CASS science directions
- Lead engagement with CSIRO enterprise support functions regarding operations and strategy
- Work with Program Directors both within CASS and in other BUs to deliver on research and investment priorities
- Lead and support complex or sensitive CASS initiatives and major projects
- Act as CASS’s representative on the wider team of CSIRO Research Operations Managers (ROMs).
Location: Marsfield NSW or Kensington WA
Salary: AU$136,437 - AU$150,956 plus up to 15.4% superannuation. Market remuneration will be considered.
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- A degree in a relevant discipline and approximately ten years’ or more relevant experience.
- Ability to lead operational and business activities across a complex business at the scale of CASS, demonstrating strong commercial, financial and project management skills.
- Strong people management expertise, including experience of performance management, recruitment, capability planning and change management.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of health and safety, risk management, incident response and organisational requirements, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategy, think laterally and to anticipate and manage problems in ambiguous situations.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills suitable to manage complex internal and external relationships.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday 12 June 2019 at 11.59pm AEST