- Work on mosquito population suppression project
- Prestigious Postdoctoral Fellowship on offer - kick-start your research career
- Join CSIRO for this exciting postdoctoral fellowship
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system. As a postdoctoral fellow with CSIRO vector-borne diseases team, you will be expected to work on the mosquito population suppression project focussed on invasive mosquito species using recently developed techniques. You as the successful applicant will be expected to work under the broad supervision of the mentors and collaborators while also developing new projects that fit within the overarching strategy of this research group.
Your duties will include
- Drive the research project in mosquito genome engineering with broadly outlined objectives. This will involve literature searches, developing a viable project and productive collaborations with international/national partners.
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recognise and exploit opportunities for innovation and the generation of new theoretical perspectives, and progress opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research
- Utilise design thinking methodology to plan and prepare research proposals, and apply non-academic impact methodology to research projects
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$ 83,687 - AU$ 94,679 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- To be considered you will hold a doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Biomedical Science.
- Knowledge and experience in use of CRISPR-Cas9 in genome modifications.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques including real-time PCR and next-gen sequencing.
- Knowledge of population genetics for use in generating modified organisms.
To be eligible for this postdoctoral fellowship, you will have less than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of relevant research experience since gaining your PhD.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
• A National Health Security Check and National Police Check is required for the successful applicant.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday 19 June, 2019 (11:59pm AEST)