- Do you have a passion for space technology?
- Use your skills to manage a multi-disciplinary program of space technology projects
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Astronomy and Space Science is seeking to appoint a program manager in their space technology area. This is an exciting new leadership role which will focus on supporting the CSIRO Space Technology Future Science Platform (Space FSP).
As the successful candidate you will work with the Space FSP Leader to manage a research program that builds world-leading capability and drives cutting-edge research withinCSIRO in support of the Australian Space Agency goals.
You will also be seconded part time to the role of Defence Materials Technology Centre (DMTC) High Altitude Sensor Systems (HASS) Program Leader. In this role you will support the DMTC Lead Program Manager and HASS Project Leaders in delivery against the project milestones and objectives, DMTC milestones and objectives, and transfer of technology to industry.
Your duties will include
- Building relationships with Space FSP Project Leaders to support their milestone delivery per their project plans, contracts schedules, reporting requirements, budgets and administration as required.
- Supporting development of the Space FSP program strategy
- Assisting with financial management, contract management, communications, intellectual property portfolio, and education and outreach activities for the Space FSP
- Preparing high level internal and external reports, briefings, and other strategic documents, and presenting on the progress of the Space FSP, including to the Space FSP Advisory Board, as required
- Supporting DMTC and the HASS Project Leaders in the delivery of the HASS Program, including formal DMTC reporting requirements.
Location: Adelaide SA, Canberra ACT, Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC or Brisbane QLD. (Any CSIRO sites in these major cities may be considered)
Salary: AU$136,437 - AU$150,956 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Postgraduate-level qualifications in a relevant field (science/engineering/management) together with significant experience in and depth of understanding of space technology, either from a research or industry perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high quality written and oral communication skills.
- Proven project/program management ability, resulting in the successful delivery of complex projects/programs with multiple stakeholders to time, budget and scope.
- Established or emerging reputation and credibility in space technologies with evidence of science, engineering or industry leadership.
- Evidence of external engagement and strategic relationship development that grows new impact opportunities and meets strategic objectives.
- A strong history of establishing and working effectively in teams.
- A significant record of innovation and creativity plus the ability and willingness to incorporate and/or promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into projects of all sizes and scale.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 02 June 2019 at 11.59pm AEST