- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO.
- Prestigious Postdoctoral Fellowship on offer - kick-start your research career.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience.
The CERC Postdoctoral Fellowship is focused on developing a unique international collaboration, spearheading a novel radio polarimetry survey that links the two mid-frequency precursors to the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), ASKAP and MeerKAT. In this role, you will reveal unprecedented detail in the magnetic fields of nearby galaxies, and support the development of magnetism science with the SKA.
Your duties will include
- Contribute to the development of ASKAP’s capability to produce impactful science data products in the field of radio polarimetry.
- Contribute to a full understanding of MeerKAT’s polarization performance and contribute to the production and analysis of impactful science data products in the field of radio polarimetry.
- Contribute to supporting the operation of the Australia Telescope National Facility.
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
Location: Kensington, Perth
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Salary: AU$83K – AU$94K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as physics or astrophysics.
- Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience with the principles and techniques of radio interferometry.
- Demonstrated experience with computer programming and/or scripting, in languages such as python.
- Experience with managing data products, and handling and management of large data volumes.
- A record of impact from effective collaborations with researchers in other organisations.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- A sound history of publication in peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, grant applications or patents.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
11:59 AEST Wednesday, 19th June, 2019