- Build Elegant, Efficient and Readable Code with Scala and Apache Spark
- Design and Develop Software for Data Integration and Machine Learning on Large Scale Graphs
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the Digital Innovation Arm of Australia’s Largest Science Agency, the CSIRO.
Data61 has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to develop new technologies for data integration and graph analytics with real impact for Australia. We are seeking creative people to design and build large scale machine learning systems and write elegant, usable software at scale. We can provide flexible working hours, freedom to experiment with new technologies, and the ability to grow to your full potential.
Your duties will include
- Designing and developing software for data integration and machine learning on large scale graphs
- Experimenting with new technologies and communicating the results
- Building elegant, efficient and readable code with Scala and Apache Spark
- Creating distributed systems for data science at scale
- Collaborating effectively with research, engineering and business teams across Data61.
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: AU$83K - AU$94K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June 2020
To be successful you will need
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science and/or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and implement engineering solutions
- Experience writing software in Scala
- Previous experience developing distributed applications with Apache Spark or Flink
- Ability to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:00 AEST 20th May 2019