- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on National Collections and Marine Infrastructure Outcomes!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
As the successful applicant you will play a key role within the Atlas of Living Australia (ALA) project, hosted by CSIRO, and will be predominantly customer focused, assisting customers to configure and maximise the use of the Atlas tools. The ALA Project Officer will also be involved in some system design, JSON-based forms development and development of user support materials, as well as documentation and coordinating the development of system enhancements to support user requirements.
The role will also be responsible for the quality of the service delivered to customers, and will work closely with the Data Collection and Community Engagement Manager in regards to the overall systems design and implementation. The ALA Project Officer will also be required to gain the support and trust of key stakeholders and be able to integrate business requirements with technical solutions in order to achieve project objectives.
Your duties will include
- Working with system users to develop system configurations which fulfil their operating requirements
- Performing business analysis functions as required to elicit, articulate and document requirements for necessary system enhancements
- Participating in relevant sprint processes representing the requirements and interests of customers
- Undertaking acceptance testing on behalf of customers and/or facilitating customer acceptance testing of developed code as appropriate
- Co-ordinating, producing and maintaining systems documentation, technical specifications and architectural documentation as appropriate
- Using appropriate ALA tools and processes to develop, maintain and manage products and artefacts of your work.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$83K - AU$94K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June 2021
To be successful you will need
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or relevant work experience in a similar field
- Extensive experience in providing project-based software support services to system end users
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of system documentation and user support materials
- The ability to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
- Previous experience designing and implementing web based solutions, with the ability to provide well developed business and technical advice to team members, management and clients.
- A background in implementing and guiding clients through change management processes
- A sound understanding of database modelling.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:00 AEST 31st May 2019