- Do you enjoy a challenge in a diverse and fast-paced environment?
- Support CSIRO’s internal grant schemes & involvement in external award schemes
- Join the CSIRO Research Office and make a difference!
CSIRO is seeking a motivated Grants/Administration Officer to join the Research Office as part of the Science Impact & Policy team.
In this diverse role, you will support operational aspects of the Research Office with a focus on the pre-award and post-award activity associated with our internal grants program and engagement with external funding programs. You may also contribute to the provision of Secretariat functions to the CSIRO Science Council and other Research Office governance committees.
Your duties will include
- Responding to first-level enquiries regarding the internal competitive grants program and relevant external grants programs.
- Updating the Research Office intranet pages and other relevant collateral.
- Preparing and distributing the fortnightly Research Office Funding Opportunities Newsletter.
- Implementing Research Office record-keeping protocols for sharepoints, email, the online grants application system, and other databases.
- Updating content and managing records in online grants application system, according to procedures.
- Coordinating logistics of other Research Office governance committees, including travel and venue bookings, catering and preparing meeting materials.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) VIC or Adelaide (Waite Campus) SA
Salary: AU$63k- AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need
- A diploma/bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (such as science, business, management or communications), or relevant work experience.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- High degree of attention to detail, accuracy and diligence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using a variety of communication channels.
- Good organisational skills, the ability to meet deadlines whilst managing competing priorities and to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with database structures and concepts.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
19th May 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.