- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Work with World Class Researchers to Solve the World’s Biggest Challenges
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Mining and Processing Technologies Research Group (MTRG) is one of the world’s largest mining research groups and has a goal of delivering transformational change to the mining industry. The MTRG Mining and Processing Team (MPT) has developed a number of world-first technologies for the Australian and International mining industry. This includes the LASC & ExScan® systems for underground coal longwall mining automation as well as systems for continuous miner automation, road header automation and coal seam sensing and characterisation.
MPT is seeking a Research Projects Software Engineer to join their Automation Technology team. This role has been created to provide software engineering support across the suite of existing and emerging projects being undertaken by the Mining and Processing Technologies Research Group. This role will cover a wide range of activities, including software development, documentation, sensor data analysis, algorithm development, system design and integration.
Your duties will include
- Providing software design, implementation and support for new and existing project applications as developed by the research group.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, and business unit to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO’s scientific objectives.
- Adhering to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Zero Harm goals.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$62k - AU$79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Strong proficiency in C++
- Previous experience designing and developing software in an industrial setting
- Experience with field trials of remote controlled research test equipment, including precision data acquisition and results analysis
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks under general direction from Scientific Researchers
- The ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations and experiments
- Experience with Linux operating systems in embedded environments.
- Experience in software development for microprocessors
- Background in UI/UX development
- Previous experience with software development using the QT framework
- Background in designing software for augmented reality and assistive technology systems
- Experience with laser based sensing technologies
- Previous experience with the development of software automation components for industrial and robotic control systems
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or relevant industry experience
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:00 AEST 23rd May 2019