- Do you have significant data centre and hybrid cloud and data platforms leadership experience?
- Take your career to another level!
- Join the talented Technical Services Team at CSIRO IMT
The successful candidate will implement the vision and direction of the group, and lead its direction setting and planning, to deliver services, outputs, and outcomes that support the CSIRO business. The key strategic focus for the role is supporting CSIRO Science Impact through facilitating fit for purpose data centre facilities, HPC, hybrid cloud and data platforms and services that allow CSIRO business units to best exploit our world class computing and data infrastructure, applying digital tools and workflows as part of their scientific research. Additionally, you will position the group as a service provider to other Information Management and Technology groups, so as to provide robust, scalable and resilient hosting environments for CSIRO’s major business systems.
Security Clearance: This is a security assessed position and the successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance of NV1 (SECRET).
Your duties will include
- Lead the delivery of Scientific Computing Platforms
- Provide leadership across the Scientific Computing Program to ensure alignment of delivery across the program’s constituent groups
- Develop strategic responses to identified opportunities/threats to maintain and/or improve service delivery and capabilities
- Partner with other national eResearch providers to exploit the synergies and efficiencies of a coordinated and integrated approach to national capabilities
Salary: AU$136,437 - AU$150,956 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and apply organisational context to strategic plans specifically with research organisations.
- Demonstrated expertise in complex enterprise level IT platforms including the supporting service and business processes.
- Demonstrated experience in aligning strategic development with operational and technological plans.
- Experience in designing and delivering technology solutions supporting research outcomes enabling an understanding of IMT’s unique customer groups and their requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to principles of Workplace Diversity; Equal Employment Opportunity; Occupational Health, Safety and Environment; and Employee Participation.
- A strong history of establishing and working effectively in teams, and a record of leadership which encourages new ideas, builds trust and provides support for the development of emerging skills, including influencing staff in observing corporate and professional standards, acting as trusted advisers, and fostering effective client relationships.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday May 2nd, 2019