- Make a difference!
- Help deliver solutions and services that support CSIRO’s strategic and operational plans.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier Research and Technology Organisation.
CSIRO's Information and Technology (IM&T) division is embarking on an ambitious portfolio of work designed to support the organisations strategy. Underpinning the portfolio is a desire for staff to have seamless, secure access to tools, systems and processes that back the delivery of world class science.
The Research Application Development Team develops software solutions that support CSIRO’s management of research outputs including publications and data collections. We support a variety of products including bespoke in-house developed, custom configured and hosted “off the shelf” products. We operate using agile practices and have a policy of continuous review and improvement. Our environment encourages innovation and provides the technology and autonomy to get on with delivery.
In this role of Software Developer you will join the CSIRO IM&T Research Application Development Team which assists in the implementation and support of new and existing software solutions. You will operate in an agile and highly collaborative and dynamic environment as part of an interdisciplinary team that includes other testers, developers, business analysts, infrastructure specialists, data librarians, executive managers and other stakeholders.
To be successful you will require the ability to contribute to the delivery of solutions and services in support of CSIRO’s strategic and operational objectives; be able to work under limited guidance as part of a team; and demonstrate initiative and independence.
Note: This is a security assessed position and successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at Negative Vetting 1 level.
To obtain an Australian Government security clearance you must be an Australian Citizen.
In this position you will:
- Assist in various aspects of system development
- Develop software to satisfy business requirements (Agile stories).
- Undertake unit testing of developed code and debug code.
- Co-ordinate and participate in code reviews and specification reviews.
- Provide technical advice that is aligned with overall solution designs, architecture and frameworks.
Location: Canberra / Melbourne preferred, other sites may be considered.
Salary: $83K - $94K + up to 15.4% super
To be successful you will need
- 3+ years’ experience in developing software applications coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience with one or more programming languages, preferably including one of Java, Python or Groovy;
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile-Scrum software development including the use of JIRA (TASKS) and Confluence (WIKI).
- Demonstrated high level SQL and data modelling skills.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
10 June 2019
Previous applicants need not re-apply.