- Do you have experience in acoustic testing?
- Use your skills to provide support to commercial projects
- Join CSIRO Infrastructure Technologies & work in a supportive team!
CSIRO Infrastructure Technologies is seeking an experienced Technical Officer – Acoustic Testing to join their team. CSIRO provides commercial testing services to industry, providing scientific evidence to demonstrate the performance of customer products and their conformity to standards and regulations. In this role, you will provide technical delivery and customer liaison support to these testing activities.
You will undertake a diverse range of activities including sound insulation and absorption tests in our reverberation chambers, and sound level/power tests in CSIRO’s anechoic chamber.
Your duties will include
- Undertaking acoustic testing for external consultancy projects/contracts under Infrastructure Technologies formal laboratory management systems and processes.
- Providing technical support for the operation of the acoustic facilities including equipment maintenance and calibrations.
- Making significant contributions to the interpretation and communication of research or technological results, drafting presentations and/or detailed written reports for clients.
- Under general direction, participating in planning projects and accepting responsibility for the scheduling and completion of major parts of projects, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton North) VIC
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A Bachelor's degree in science or engineering relevant to acoustic testing.
- Laboratory experience in acoustic testing with a specific focus on the evaluation of construction materials, building systems and emergency warning systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and communication of research or technological results.
- Communication skills and experience drafting detailed written reports and/or presentations for commercial customers.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel when used in a scientific/engineering application.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- To undertake a standard medical with audio if your application is successful.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
5th May 2019