- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use Your skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Astronomy and Space Science
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
This role supports cross-organisational and international collaboration and reporting, through monthly international teleconferences, CEOS (Committee on Earth Observation Satellites) secretariat meetings, and organising regular bilateral meetings with CNES/ESA/NASA/JAXA etc. The role will also support CSIRO’s participation in strategic discussions for technology platforms (e.g. CEOS OpenDataCube program) and thematic workshops on Earth observation (EO), to discuss new directions and opportunities in the earth observation science and observing systems.
Your duties will include
- Under limited direction, facilitating CSIRO and, where applicable, Australian engagement with the international community, through the receiving of foreign space agency delegations, representation at meetings and negotiating and managing relationship agreements with international organisations.
- Collaborating with CSIRO Global and its regional offices, as well as DFAT and local Australian embassy staff, to ensure the maximum exposure of CSIRO activities and support by these partners.
- Supporting CSIRO and partner communications activities associated with CEOS and GEO (Group on Earth Observation) related activities, in particular coordinating CEOS activities with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG) process (including responsibility for results).
- Undertaking research activities and contributing to scientific publications related to the promotion of the use of Earth observation to increase CSIRO exposure in the space sector & innovative themes (e.g. UNSDG process)
- Liaising and engaging regularly with international partners including Space agencies (CNES, ESA, NASA, NOAA, etc.), Pacific countries, foreign Embassies in Australia, UN agencies and universities, to promote CSIRO & Australian EO efforts and stimulating collaborations (research, capacity building, awareness).
Location: Adelaide, SA
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated experience in International space, and EO policy and strategic relations.
- Experience in inter-agency project & event coordination (logistics, communication, full project cycle).
- Strong communication and research skills.
- Basic technical experience in Space or EO sectors.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:00 AEST 27th April 2019