- Report and interpret IP metrics to inform decision making
- Train and facilitate efficient reporting of strategic and commercial information
- Lead a small team of IP Administrators providing valuable support across CSIRO IP Operations
CSIRO has a significant Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio demonstrating the innovative activity and technology developments of its research outputs. As the IP Operations Manager with CSIRO Business Development & Commercial (BD&C), you will provide administrative and management services to support the effective management of CSIRO’s IP portfolio. You will develop, implement and/or administrate systems to help achieve organisational objectives and meet Government and regulatory responsibilities. In particular you will have oversight of an IP database system (Inprotech) that assists the IP team and provides valuable reports to CSIRO as a whole.
More specifically you will
- Lead a small group of regionally located administrative staff, taking responsibility for team outcomes and assisting IP team leaders.
- Lead and contribute to training team members and staff in the wider organisation on new database software updates.
- Lead the integration of the IP database system into CSIRO-wide information systems.
- Oversee the management of IP formalities, propose efficiencies and optimise annual reporting functions.
- Liaise with external IP firms and renewal service providers.
- Review data integrity of current portfolio, newly imported data and acquired IP.
- Maintain the IP document management system (iManage).
- Report IP metrics (or facilitate reporting) in bespoke formats and interpret to inform decision making.
Location: Clayton (Melbourne) Victoria
Salary: AU 97k – AU 105k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
Reference No.: 60785
To be considered you will be a qualified or near qualified Patent Attorney, IP Administrator, or have equivalent experience. You will also have:
- Excellent communication skills and a history of professional experience and behaviours.
- A good understanding of the patent application, examination, grant and renewal processes across key jurisdictions.
- Experience managing, supervising or overseeing small teams or individuals.
- Experience managing operational aspects of IP database and document management systems.
- Experience facilitating the provision of bespoke IP reports.
- A willingness and ability to obtain a National Police Clearance prior to commencement (if successful).
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying.
Thursday 4 April, 2019 (11:59pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.