- Keen to work in analytical chemistry and geomicrobiological laboratories?
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation and equipment
- Join our Energy team in this critical research support role
The Research Technician will support scientific research in a diverse range of laboratory and field situations across a range of different research projects. Work undertaken by this role supports accepted technical practice and the development of new practice.
Your duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the execution of a wide range of research support tasks in analytical chemistry, geology and microbiological laboratories;
- Validating original experimental methods and equipment in support of existing and further research.
- Operating and maintaining laboratory instrumentation, analytical equipment and its software.
Salary: AU$62k- AU$79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant TAFE certificate/Diploma in Laboratory Techniques/Skills or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in analytical chemistry (wet chemistry techniques and complex analytical processes).
- Demonstrated experience in a large range of scientific instrumentation/techniques/methods together with a willingness to learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in scientific record keeping.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter together with a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications Close at 10.59 AEDT 11 March 2019