- Design and implement computer vision based algorithms.
- Work on applications for the mining industry.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation.
Research Projects staff in CSIRO collaborates in scientific and technological activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental, observational or technology development work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work.
The team is part of the Coal Mining Research Programme in CSIRO Energy. The programme consists of over 60 researchers and engineers specialising in the automation, processing, numerical modelling, sensing and other domains for applications in the mining industry.
Your duties will include
- Design and implement computer vision-based algorithms for mining, manufacturing and other applications.
- Deliver production level code with supporting unit tests.
- Contribute to collecting data in the field, annotating and cleaning data.
- Deploy developed technologies, and in demonstrating these technologies in the field.
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
Salary: AU$62K – AU$79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A Bachelor/Master’s degree in a scientific, mathematics or engineering discipline with significant component of formal training in software engineering, and/or relevant experience in software engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, developing and implementing computer vision software.
- 2+ years programming experience, ideally in C++ or C#.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks under general direction from Scientific Researchers.
- The ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday, 28th February, 2019.