- Are you self-motivated, conscientious and can work with limited guidance?
- Perform a range of general administrative tasks in this varied part-time role
- Join the Biorisk Management Group at CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
CSIRO is seeking to appoint an administration support officer to work in the office at AAHL Geelong.
As the successful candidate, you will provide assistance to members of the Biorisk Management Group in duties such as training data management, compliance documentation, assisting with inductions and coordination of requirements for facility visitors and assistance with the AAHL vaccination requirements. You will need to be self-motivated and conscientious and at times work with limited guidance.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to work 8am to 1pm 3 days per week (flexible with days) and be available to other times to work extra hours to relieve others to ensure inductions are available to facility users.
Your duties will include
- Provide general administrative assistance and updating databases to support the Biorisk Management Group.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings or other events, including booking rooms, resources, travel, transport, equipment and catering as required
- Provide back up for the delivery of inductions to Facility users and staff and ensure staff and visitors have the required clothing and equipment to enter the secure area
- Under general supervision undertake a range of administrative tasks frequently including secretarial support for various committees including the AAHL Internal Biosecurity Committee and prepare meeting minutes and initiate follow?up action
Location: Geelong VIC
Salary: AU$46,918 - AU$60,476 plus up to 15.4% superannuation (pro rata)
Tenure: Indefinite part time appointment
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated experience and skills providing administrative support in a complex environment.
- Ability to commence at or before 8am and also relieve for other staff during absences and leave, possibly at short notice.
- Highly developed time management, organisational and attention to details skills with the ability to prioritise demands, and escalate issues as appropriate; establishing priorities for managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday 14 February 2019 at 11.59pm AEDT