- Utilise your networking skills and commercial acumen to create funding opportunities
- Manage strategic account relationships with funding partners
- Be a part of a key supporting function of CSIRO's strategic goal of being Australia's innovation catalyst
As the Commercialisation Account Manager for CSIRO’s Energy Business Unit, you will be responsible for identifying, building and managing strategic account relationships with funding partners; building new models for investor relations and funding sources for commercial transactions; and leveraging these relationships to optimise and increase funding available for the commercialisation of deep science which will contribute to the financial sustainability of CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Establishing and utilising networks with organisations that are appropriate relevant investors for CSIRO.
- Leveraging these relationships to create additional funding opportunities for CSIRO in both commercialisation and technology incubation.
- Building new models for investor relations and funding sources for commercial transactions.
- Developing deep relationships within CSIRO to ensure contemporary and relevant knowledge of deep science, and demonstrate strong business acumen to identify relevant opportunities to source and utilise funding.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton), VIC preferred; other sites may be considered
Salary: AU $131K to AU $145K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications such as a degree in Science or Engineering and post graduate business qualification and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Professional networks in the finance, venture capital, innovation and/or entrepreneurial community.
- Knowledge and/or experience in operating principles of start-ups or small businesses.
- Experience building deep relationships to deliver an organisational/commercial benefit.
- The ability to work collaboratively across a large, complex organisation that delivers results and benefits to multiple areas of the organisation and/or enterprise wide.
- Strong commercial/business savvy with established internal and external networks to create financial opportunities for a large, complex organisation.
- The highest standards of ethical behaviour and integrity for yourself and your team, combined with an ability to manage conflict in a proactive and constructive manner and take ownership of outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, commercial judgment and demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Please note that this is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
28th February 2019