- Coordinate & support the alumni network for the BHP Billiton Science & Engineering Awards!
- Use your skills to showcase CSIRO’s research!
- Join CSIRO Education and Outreach in this dynamic part-time role
CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) is seeking to appoint a motivated individual to join their team. In this exciting role, you will coordinate and support the BHP Billiton Science and Engineering Awards (BHPBSEA) Alumni network. Through this position, you will showcase CSIRO’s research to engage young Australians and the wider community.
This position is offered on a part-time basis with the successful applicant completing 3 days per week. Hours and days will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Your duties will include
- Coordinating the BHPBSEA Alumni network through:
- Maintaining and updating the content for the alumni section of BHPBSEA website including the social media pages – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Recruiting members to the BHPF Awards Alumni network
- Preparing detailed Alumni profiles, stories/case studies
- Organising state-based events for Alumni members
- Sourcing Alumni members to undertake volunteer roles to support Awards activities.
- Developing and delivering Education and Outreach programs, including in an online environment.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) VIC
Salary: AU$62k - AU$79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 31st December 2019 (3 days/week)
To be successful you will need
- Experience delivering or developing education programs or resources, including broad experience working with teachers or scientists, and an understanding of the Australian Curriculum and issues facing school science education.
- Good interpersonal skills including experience with representation, and proven ability to establish and maintain strong and productive relationships and networks with teachers, stakeholders, colleagues and supervisors.
- The capacity for initiative and self-motivation coupled with the ability to work independently.
- Good written and oral communication skills in a variety of formats including digital delivery for a range of audiences.
- The ability to travel locally and interstate as required. A current full Australian driver's licence, a valid Working with Children Check or the willingness and ability to gain one, and to consent to a National Police Check.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 13th January 2019