- Do you have the skills to support teams in an education context?
- Set overall direction & implement strategies for business operations for CSIRO Education & Outreach
- Join CSIRO’s Education & Outreach team and make a difference!
CSIRO’s Education and Outreach is seeking to appoint a Business and Operations Manager.
As the successful candidate you will lead and support a nationally dispersed team. The main focus will be on the identification and implementation of best practice systems and processes including leading the development and maintenance of ‘one’ education and outreach and CSIRO systems and processes – especially IT and online solutions.
Your duties will include
- Cultivate commitment to a shifting organisational paradigm as the Education and Outreach team aligns itself with the organisational vision and related ideas and strategies.
- Drive a high performance culture within CSIRO Education and Outreach that leads to greater excellence or continuous improvement and playing a leadership role in implementing improvements in products and services.
- Create a customer focused culture leading to the implementation of new processes, activities, or culture to enhance the customer experience; ensures that team members live a customer-focused culture day to day.
Salary: AU$111,663- AU$130,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated experience encompassing:
- strategic planning and implementation, problem solving, effective team and budget management and experience with developing and implementing systems, processes and platforms to support teams in an education context.
- planning and commissioning education research and evaluation strategies including a thorough understanding of the Australian Curriculum and issues facing school science / STEM education.
- Demonstrated experience in building a high-performing team, providing coaching and development opportunities resulting in high standards in service delivery as well as technical output and ensuring that the team meets financial and strategic goals.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment to create a culture committed to values-based behaviour which fosters innovative problem solving, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: Sunday 13 January at 11.59pm AEDT