- Are you a Research Scientist wanting to champion innovation within a team?
- Do you have a doctorate or relevant experience in the area of infectious diseases?
- Join the Health & Biosecurity team at the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
We are seeking a Research Scientist to lead and conduct near/GLP quality animal studies for evaluation of category 3/4 human pathogens and medical countermeasures under BSL3 and 4 containment and engage with world leading emerging infection disease research both nationally and internationally.
Your duties will include
- Championing innovation within the team and across the organisation, promoting a culture of collaboration and on-time delivery on research objectives
- Working closely with the team leader /research consultant, who has responsibility for external business development and alignment of research directions with impact achievement and customer need.
- Providing strategic inputs to the research direction and conducting high quality science.
Location: Geelong, Vic
Salary: $97k to $105k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by superior reporting and presentations.
- Significant experience and depth of understanding of emerging infectious diseases and dangerous pathogens research.
- Ability to lead a significant research project with on-time achievement of milestones.
For more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as infectious diseases involving BSL3/4 pathogens.
- Ability to meet high level Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) clearance requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
20 January 2019