- Are you a natural self-starter with a pro-active approach to developing partnerships?
- Passionate about building profile for Australian science solving big global challenges?
- Ready to build connections for Australia’s innovation ecosystem in Indonesia?
CSIRO’s vision is to be Australia’s innovation catalyst, boosting the country’s innovation performance and creating value for our customers that makes a positive difference to our nation.
CSIRO, as Australia’s national science agency plays a critical role in the Australian Government’s commitment to collaborate with ASEAN members to enhance regional security and prosperity. CSIRO is building on the strong foundation of existing partnerships in ASEAN to support regional capacity building, connect great Australian innovations to high growth markets and create long-lasting collaborative networks.
As the Country Director (CSIRO), Indonesia, you will be based in the Australian Embassy in Jakarta, representing and advancing CSIRO's engagement in Indonesia aligned to the Australian national interest. With proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia for business, you will be a strong self-starter with a natural affinity for developing effective partnerships. You will work in close collaboration with other members of Team Australia within the Embassy and foster trusted relationships with key Indonesian Government ministries, industry and research stakeholders.
Your duties will include
- Developing a collaborative approach with other Australia Embassy agencies to support targeted market engagement programs to profile CSIRO and its partners’ capabilities.
- Driving a structured and disciplined program of internal engagement with CSIRO stakeholders to communicate opportunity, activity and traction in Indonesia.
- Building and maintaining relationships with Indonesian Government, Research, Industry to provide documented and actionable insight to CSIRO scientists and commercial partners seeking Indonesian market entry.
- Identifying and managing a scalable operational support system to facilitate the engagement of CSIRO people undertaking projects in Indonesia.
- Proactively contributing to Australian Public Diplomacy initiatives in Indonesia.
- Actively participate as a key member of CSIRO’s ASEAN team.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Salary: AU $134k to AU $148k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation(plus international assignment allowances)
Tenure: 3 year term
Reference No.: 59338
Residency: Australian Citizens only
To be considered you will hold a tertiary qualification in either Science and/or Business, or have equivalent experience. You will also have:
- Significant work experience (~10 years minimum) in a relevant field.
- The ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance, NV2.
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesian for business.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a history of professional behaviours.
- Deep knowledge of, and extensive experience in Australian Government.
- Proven connections to development agencies and/or philanthropic networks.
- Expertise in designing and executing Indonesian programs or platforms for Australian internal or external customers.
- Experience navigating in large, complex organisations and bureaucracies, and overcoming barriers and roadblocks.
- Experience living and working overseas, and the ability to work productively with distributed teams.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying.
Monday 14 January, 2019 (11:59pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.