- Drive external campaigns and communication activities
- Liaise with media to identify and develop stories about CSIRO science
- Champion the execution of desired organisational culture
As the NCMI / AAHL (National Collections and Marine Infrastructure / Australian Animal Health laboratory) Communication Manager, Corporate Affairs, you will work closely with the Science Executive Manager (EM) to drive external campaigns and communication activities to protect and build the CSIRO brand for a particular Business Unit (BU).
The role requires management of a small team of communication advisors and reports to the EM, Science Communications.
In this role you will:
- Draw on the knowledge and expertise of the EM Science, and work closely with the BU to develop communications strategies to support strategic priorities.
- Translate strategies into working execution plans to deliver.
- Demonstrate to EM Science the integration of Corporate Affairs strategy in BU communications plans.
- Track and monitor key metrics to access success of communications plan.
- Liaise with media to identify and develop compelling stories about CSIRO science, as well as manage interviews and requests for information.
- Create strong content for use in digital or media to illustrate CSIRO science and impact – focusing on it being relevant, engaging and accessible.
- Adopt CA systems and processes for delivery of high quality media and content.
- Ensure rapid communication of issues to EM Science and Media and Corporate Communications Manager, and assist in issues management.
- Build and maintain team?focused relationships across all areas of the Corporate Affairs team, sharing knowledge and working together in pursuit of the development and promotion of best practice Communication management.
Location: Negotiable (Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Canberra)
Salary: AU $97,276 - $105,269 plus up to 15.4% superannuation (open to job share and part time)
To be successful you will need
- A relevant tertiary qualification and relevant experience in communications, such as PR, marketing, digital, media or journalism.
- Previous experience developing and implementing communication/media relations strategies or experience in a journalist/writing field.
- Experience managing integrated communications campaigns.
- Experience in liaising with media including pitching stories, managing interviews, and creating by?lines.
- Experience creating content for digital audiences.
- To hold, or have the ability to obtain, a security clearance (level xxx).
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday January 14, 2019