- Want to contibute to the achievement of innovative educational outcomes?
- Work with our Indigenous STEM Education project team
- Join CSIRO in a role that aims to make a difference
As a Senior Project Officer, you will be responsible for providing professional administrative and management services to the Indigenous STEM Education Project Director. You will be part of a national team and will work closely with the other project programme elements, and across the CSIRO Education and Outreach team, to integrate science and mathematics based best-practice and demonstrated outcomes in Indigenous education. You will achieve this by helping with detailed planning, program management and reporting processes and the development of new practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing professional administrative support and management support to the Indigenous STEM Education Project Director.
- Working with the Indigenous STEM Education Project team to implement project sustainability strategies and manage change.
- Generating improved and innovative solutions to complex problems using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
- Planning, organising and managing events for staff and external stakeholders.
- Choosing appropriate management strategies and communication styles to maintain high levels of motivation and productivity and to gain buy in.
Location: Negotiable - Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin , Cairns, Townsville will be considered
Salary: AU $97K to AU $105K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 1 year 6 months
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant degree or tertiary qualification in science, technology or engineering; science communication, teaching, business development and/or relevant management/leadership experience..
- current Australian Driver’s Licence and a valid Working with Children Check (or equivalent) and a National Police Check or the willingness and ability to gain one.
- The ability to travel locally and interstate as required.
- To be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary, geographically dispersed education team, to collaborate widely both internally and externally and carry out tasks autonomously in support of education programs.
- The ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to complex problems and resolve issues using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
- Demonstrated experience in event and project management.
- Experience in providing guidance to, and influencing, managers and staff where there is no line management relationship.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring you provide enough information relevant to the criteria as listed in the position description, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 9th October, 2018