- Join CSIRO’s dynamic SME Connect team
- Contribute to Australia by connecting innovative SMEs with leading universities and CSIRO
- Identify and support SMEs seeking to utilise R&D to grow
CSIRO’s SME Connect team facilitates linkages between Australian SMEs (small to medium sized enterprises) and publicly funded research organisations (PFROs). CSIRO is currently seeking a motivated Engagement Manager to join SME Connect and provide research facilitation services in the Innovation Connections element of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s ‘Entrepreneurs’ Programme’. The Engagement Manager will undertake business development to identify Australian SMEs seeking to utilise research to build their businesses, facilitate engagement between the companies and PFROs, and support applications for Innovation Connections grants for company-led research and development projects with PFROs such as Australia’s leading universities and CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Build a pipeline of opportunities to deliver Innovation Connections facilitation services to individual businesses through promotion of SME Connect programs, active industry networking, and collaboration with research organisations.
- Work with SMEs to understand their business needs, assess knowledge gaps, and identify potential for them to benefit from research.
- Connect the SMEs with the best capabilities and facilities in Australia’s research organisations.
- Support the successful application by SMEs for Innovation Connections grants to undertake projects with research organisations.
- Assist universities with funding support to deliver industrially focused research to SMEs.
- Manage the establishment of commercial agreements between the parties.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: An attractive remuneration package comprising base salary of $109,000 to $128,000, superannuation of up to 15.4%, a motor vehicle allowance and a performance bonus
Tenure: 12 months with strong possibility of extension
Ref no: 57522
To be considered you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in science/engineering and business with extensive business development experience, or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated expertise in the establishment of industry-led research and development projects, gained from working in a PFRO or working in businesses that have successfully engaged with PFROs.
- A proven track record in the management of commercial research and development transactions in a PFRO context.
- Strong business development expertise and commercial acumen, including excellent relationship establishment skills, and the ability to influence senior business managers to gain support for research and development proposals.
- Significant industry experience in at least one of the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Sectors or enabling services and technologies within these sectors, such as ICT or data science.
- Practical understanding of the operating environment of Australian businesses including the constraints, drivers and opportunities facing SMEs.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Description
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
CSIRO SME Connect
CSIRO’s national SME Connect team facilitates linkages between Australian SMEs (small to medium sized enterprises) and research organisations. SME Connect provides a single point of contact for Australian SMEs to interact with CSIRO, universities and public research organisations. The team works with SMEs to identify opportunities for research to benefit their business, connects them with the best Australian researchers, and facilitates access to research project grants.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 9 July, 2018