- Pivotal role creating business & funding opportunities
- Ensure a seamless and constructive customer experience
- Join the Business Development & Commercial team
CSIRO Business Development & Commercial (BD&C) is seeking an experienced Relationship Manager for the South Australia (SA) State Government to develop relationships within state government departments that grow networks and promote CSIRO capability. As the Relationship Manager you will be responsible for the implementation and execution of the SA Government Strategic Relationship Agreement (SRA), including the coordination of the steering committee and working groups, coordinating across CSIRO and the relevant SA Government departments.
You will be will be pivotal in ensuring CSIRO maximises and realises business and funding opportunities with these Departments through building and maintaining strong relationships. It is expected that you will work at the executive level within the Departments to ensure a seamless and constructive experience at all levels for the customer.
Your duties will include:
- Implementation, execution and management of state government Strategic Relationship Agreement/Memorandum of Understanding and the steering committee/s and/or working groups outlined in the Strategic Relationship/Memorandum of Understanding.
- Ensure Priority Focus Areas for Engagement based on state gov Investment Priorities and CSIRO Capability.
- Relationship Alignment – CSIRO (Board, Executive, and Leadership Team) representatives networked to which decision makers in the relevant state government.
- Develop and manage new Business Models for Engagement and broadening CSIRO relationships with Departments & Agencies.
- Manage reporting and Forecast Management Tools – Active Scorecard including defining new state Government Engagement Targets.
- Facilitating and chairing internal working group/s focused on relevant State Government engagement.
- Develop and maintain strong trusted advisor relationships with key/senior executives within state gov departments
- Develop and implement a program in conjunction with business units to achieve and grow the revenue pipeline across CSIRO from these departments in line within budget expectations.
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Salary: $131K to $145K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Term of 3 years
Ref no: 56977
To be considered you will have:
- Knowledge and skills gained through education and/or experience, typically a degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles, ideally with postgraduate managerial qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with Government Departments and Ministers to achieve and grow Business Development and/or Commercial impact with revenue, focusing on return on investment to maximise Organisational results.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, build and develop a portfolio of Senior Executive relationships, to support delivery of impact objectives and meet current and future revenue goals.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver end-to-end conversion of strategic Business Development and Commercial opportunities with a focus on driving and supporting efficient commercial contracting.
- Demonstrated experience to build and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively seek and influence multiple key stakeholders, within a complex and ambiguous environment, to achieve a successful outcome.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 18 June 2018 ( 10:59pm AEST)